- Saturday, January 12, 2013, Ripon Public Library (Silver Creek Room), 120 Jefferson St., Ripon, WI, 9:30 to 11:00 am.
- Saturday, February 9, 2013, Fond du Lac Public Library (Eugene McLane Room), 32 Sheboygan St., Fond du Lac, WI, 9:30 to 11:00 am.
- Saturday, March 9, 2013, Ripon Public Library, 9:30 to 11:00 am.
- May and/or June, 2013 (another field day???)
- July and September meetings to be determined.
3. Andy Krueger, along with her committee, has been doing a great job establishing a beginners’ beekeeping class. This class is intended for anyone interested in getting started with honey bees and will focus on fundamental beekeeping skills. This class will meet for four Thursday nights; February 7, February 21, March 7 and March 21. Class time is 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm. Class will meet at the James P. Coughlin Center, 625 East County Road Y, Oshkosh, WI 54901. Tuition is $50.00 which includes an information packet, a book, and a one year membership in ECWBA. A secondary participant may attend with the primary participant for an extra $25.00, but does not include the information packet, et al. For information and registration, contact Andy at 920-379-9840.
4. The new year also brings with it membership renewal time. The membership dues will remain $15.00 for a one year membership. One membership entitles the member(s) to receive the newsletter, to vote on officer elections and organizational business issues, and to hold a position as an officer. A membership may include more than one person (e.g. husband/wife, parent/child, etc.), but only one newsletter will be sent out and only one vote may be cast per membership.
Plan for 2013 – do you want to expand your beekeeping operation or just improve upon what you already have?
Secure an order of package bees or nucs for spring delivery. It’s best to order early to assure that you’ll be able to get bees.
Now is a good time to plan and purchase equipment for 2013. This gives you plenty of time to assemble and paint any new hive components.
On behalf of the East Central Wisconsin Beekeepers Association, I would like wish all of you, your families and friends, a Happy New Year!!!
Best of Beekeeping,