Saturday, September 8, 2012, 9:30 am. Ripon Public Library, 120 Jefferson Street, Ripon, WI. Meet in the Silver Creek Room (downstairs).
Expect a similar meeting schedule for 2013 as we had for 2012: January, February, March, May (field day), July, and September. Let me know if you have any topics of subjects you would like to see covered. I will try to schedule something for it.
2. Denise Palkovich gave a very informative presentation about the association’s blog and website at the July meeting. Thank-you to Denise for providing this communication tool for the association.
3. An unscheduled guest speaker, Andy Miksa, of Andy Miksa Honey Farm, delivered a short presentation on his queen rearing operation. He is currently setting up his commercial queen rearing operation here in Wisconsin and plans to have queens available for sale during the 2013 season.
4. All ECWBA members with internet access are encourage to log into the blog and participate in the dialog and discussion section of the site. This is a place where questions can be answered in a public forum. Here is the website address:
5. As a result of discussions at the July meeting, we have decided to add some lists to the information available on the association’s blog. Here are the list categories and a brief description of each:
- Mentor list. If you are willing to mentor and help beginner beekeepers with question or assist them on-site, then sign up for this list with a description of what location or area where you can help.
- Swarm list. This is a list of beekeepers interested in capturing swarms. This list will be available for both ECWBA members and the general public to reference.
- Extractor list. Sign up on this list if you are willing to let beekeepers without extractors to use your extractor. The extractor owner and the one seeking to use the extractor will have to come to an agreement outside of the ECWBA as to terms for use of the extractor.
If you want to be on any of the above lists, please contact Denise Palkovich by e-mail at:
firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include your name, contact information, and the name of a town(s) in the area you prefer to service. Denise will post only first names with phone numbers and e-mail addresses along with the area you want to service. We will also have a sign up list for each category at the September meeting.
7. The ECWBA has established an informal committee to explore the possibilities of sponsoring a beekeeping class in the early spring of 2013. There are currently four members on this committee, but there is no designated committee chairman as of now. If you would like to join in on the class committee, contact Jeff Champeau. This committee is exploratory for now. The committee will present information at the September meeting and the general membership can decide by vote whether to formalize and fund the committee.